The Arabic Summer Academy is a four week intensive (Monday through Saturday) Arabic course for 40 high school students from the Boston Public Schools and other schools in the Boston area, funded under a grant from the National Security Language Initiative's STARTALK Project.
Here are five great reasons why you should apply:
1. Arabic is the fifth-most spoken language in the world, with over 200 million native speakers. In the United States more than 1 million Americans speak Arabic at home, making it the fastest growing second language in the US since 2010.
2. Arabic will help you get into college! By learning Arabic, you will distinguish yourself as a student who is willing to break the mold and try something different. You will stand out when applying for colleges, scholarships, and special programs.
3. You'll get high school credit! After you graduate from our program, you will have completed a full year of high school Arabic. It's a great way to get a graduation requirement out of the way!
4. It’s free! There is no tuition at the Arabic Summer Academy and all of the materials you need will be supplied by the ASA. You will also receive a free T-pass to cover travel costs.
5. You'll set yourself up for great jobs. Knowledge of Arabic and Arab culture will offer expanded access to high-paying careers in business, diplomacy, journalism, defense, public policy, health care, and more.
(Adapted from Qatar Foundation International's "Why Should I Learn Arabic")
Click here to apply!